Monday 11 October 2010

Music magazine 1st draft

Meeting in studio after just recording her 2nd music video photo shoot outside
So Amy M, what’s it like being back in London after touring America for so long?
Well, I’m not gonna lie, It kind of a relief. Don’t get me wrong, I love America, the people there are fantastic, so welcoming and friendly, and everyone loves music, there is such a great variety of different genres all across the States, from country to blues, it’s wonderful. Their food is too good as well (laughing) I miss the cheeseburgers and fries already, but I also missed London so much, it’s great to get to see all my family and friends after so long, plus I’m going to a party tonight to welcome me back and congratulate me, so I couldn’t be happier really.
How were you received across the pond? How well did people receive your music and did you pick up any new fans along the tour?
To be honest, I was a little nervous about touring the States at first. I wasn’t sure if many people knew me or if they would like my music. All my family, friends, fans and management here reassured me that after my first single came out, I was sure to be popular over there because my first single was such a big hit in the UK. They made me feel a lot better but I was still a little unsure. Thankfully though, the Americans seemed to like me and my music and I feel that tour has been so helpful in gaining me more fans.
So now your back home, there’s not much time for you to rest or celebrate because your back recording your new single and recording a new music video. Can you tell us a little bit about it?
I’d love to. My new single coming out in a couple of weeks time is called ‘No love lost’. Basically it’s about a previous relationship I had with someone which sort of fell apart. But it wasn’t one of your typical break-up’s, we both never cheated or anything like that, we just weren’t really clicking as boyfriend and girlfriend so we split up, but we are still really good friends, so I just wanted to make a song expressing my feelings that not all break-ups have to be bitter or end on a sad note, It is a really upbeat song and I think my fans will really like it.
And the new music video?
Oh, yes, I’m also recording the video for it and I’m having so much fun. I love getting dressed in extravagant costumes and having people put make-up on me. I think quite a few artists don’t enjoy shooting videos, but I love it, especially seeing how well the music matches the video, I just feel it gives the lyrics more feeling and it just helps you to enjoy the music more.
There are loads of artists out there these days that are collaborating and making music together, are their any musicians that you would like to collaborate with?
That is a great question. I would love to collaborate with an artist whose genre is different to mine and make a unique sound. There are loads of fantastic musicians performing right now, like Tinie Tempah, Professor Green and so on but if I had to choose some one to collaborate with I would have to choose Plan B. I love his music and he is like a one of a kind artist the way he mixes together a very jazzy sound with rap, the best of both (laughing), I just think it would be a pleasure to work with him, so if your reading Prof (winking and laughing) you think maybe we could get together (more laughter).
For our readers who want to be like you when their older, have you got any advice for them if they want to get in the music business?
Well I suppose the best piece of advice I could give is to never give up. I was rejected by many record labels and I was not well received at many small gigs, but I never stopped giving up on my dream and I kept on going until I finally got my big break and signed up to my first record label. So I would say that if music is your passion and if being a music artist is your dream, don’t let rejections and criticism get you down, many well known artists were rejected early on in their careers, so don’t let anything stop you from becoming what you want to be, whatever you want to be. 

1 comment:

  1. This is well written and captures the style and tone of a music magazine. Encouraging stuff!

    ReplyDelete